Which is your favorite Android virtual keyboard for handwriting & voice microphone & keypress typing?

Arlen Holder

Nov 3, 2020, 1:18:10 AM11/3/20
Which is your favorite Android virtual keyboard & why?
o <https://i.postimg.cc/qMP1nkvM/gboard04.jpg>

I've tested a few keyboards, none of which do I really like all that much.
1. Fonts
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fontskeyboard.fonts>
2. Gboard
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.latin>
3. Grammarly
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.grammarly.android.keyboard>
4. Hacker's Keyboard
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pocketworkstation.pckeyboard>
5. Keepass2Android
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=keepass2android.keepass2android>
6. OpenBoard
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dslul.openboard.inputmethod.latin>
7. Simple Keyboard
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rkr.simplekeyboard.inputmethod>
8. Swiftkey Keyboard
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey>

I pretty much mostly use Gboard - because it defaults to voice typing.
o <https://i.postimg.cc/vZ4Vt9DW/gboard01.jpg>
a. Tap globe & microphone to switch from QWERTY input
b. To handwriting + microphone input
c. Where it remembers which one you last left

It took a long while to get the Gboard settings down perfectly.
o So I wrote up my Gboard settings here for others to benefit.
(A bunch of the settings are NOT intuitive!)
(A bunch of the settings are intertwined!)

Note: I don't do "fancy" stuff other than handwriting & voice typing.
a. No emojis, spellchecking, suggestions, other languages, search, etc.

Android10 Settings
o System > Languages & input > Virtual keyboard > Gboard
A. Languages = English(US) QWERTY & English (US) Handwriting
B. Preferences
Number row = on
Show emojoi switch key = off
Show language switch key = on <== required for the microphone!
Show emojis in symbols keyboard = off
One-handed mode = off
Keyboard height = Extra-tall
Emoji browsing suggestions = off
Sound on keypress = on <== needs volume to be >>0%
Volume on keypress = 100%
Haptic feedback on keypress = on <== needs "vibration strength"
Vibration strength on keypress = 75ms <== needs to be >>0%
Popup on keypress = on <== doesn't seem to work
Long press for symbols = on
key long press delay = 300ms
C. Theme = default (whatever that is)
D. Text correction
Show suggestion strip = off
Next-word suggestion = grayed out
Block offensive words = off
Show emoji suggestions = off
Suggest contacts = off
Auto-corrections = off
Autospace after punctuation = off
Auto-capitalization = off
Double-spaced period = off
Spell check = off
E. Glide typing
Enable glide typing = off
Show gesture trail = grayed out
Enable gesture delete = off
Enable gesture cursor control = off
F. Voice typing = on
G. Dictionary = Personal dictionary = English (US)
H. Search
Predictive Content Search = off
Show "Search and more" button = off
I. Share Gboard

But I'm always seeking a better virtual keyboard if you know of one.
o Hence I ask: Which is your favorite Android virtual keyboard & why?